We have been using the Tinder dating app for months, and here is our honest review of the Tinder app.
Anyone looking for online dating must have heard about Tinder. It’s among the most popular dating apps in the world.
Whenever anyone searches for the best dating apps, Tinder always joins the list.
But now, the time has changed, and new and unique dating apps are making their way into the dating industry.
The competition is getting stiffer, and grabbing users’ attention has become harder.
So, Is the Tinder app still the best dating app? Is Tinder worth it? Let’s find it out in this Tinder app review.
- About Tinder Dating App
- Tinder Signup Process
- How does Tinder Dating App work?
- Features in Tinder Dating App
- Is Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum worth it?
- Which one is better, Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold, Tinder Platinum?
- Real-life Experience with the Tinder App
- Pros and Cons of Tinder Dating App
- Conclusion: Is Tinder worth it?
- FAQs on Tinder Dating App
About Tinder Dating App
- Address: https://tinder.com/
- Overall Rating: 3.4★
- Total Active Users: 80M+
- Free: Yes
- Starting Price: $13.49 per month
- Age Group: 18+
- Video Call: Yes
- Desktop App: Yes
The Tinder app was introduced in 2012. The app immediately got attention because it came with a unique concept of meeting nearby people.
Initially, Tinder was tested on college campuses and quickly became extremely popular. Since then, the popularity and growth of this app haven’t stopped. Now, Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps across the globe, and its revenue did hit $1.6 billion.
Tinder Signup Process
The signup process on Tinder is simple. You can sign up using your Google or Facebook account, and it will hardly take a minute to sign up.
If you sign up using Facebook, it will sync the Facebook data. All the required information will be synced and filled in on Tinder automatically.
After the signup process is completed, you can edit your profile information like name, company, bio, etc. Fill in your age and name carefully because once it is filled in, it can’t be changed later.
How does Tinder Dating App work?
The Tinder app works on swiping methods to like or dislike respectively.
The app uses the geographical location and puts the profile of nearby people on your screen.
Depending on your location, the app searches for a few seconds and then shows the profiles.
If you find any profile interesting, you can like it by swiping right. If not, then you can swipe left.
When a person you have liked likes you back, then it’s a match.
Now, you can go to the message tab and send the message to start a conversation.
Under this tab, you will see the Feed tab. In this tab, you can check your match’s activities. When they upload any photo or change their profile pic, you can explore that in this tab.
That’s how the Tinder app works. This app doesn’t offer extra features, as seen on other apps like the Boo dating app.
Features in Tinder Dating App
Unfortunately, most of Tinder’s features are paid. But that doesn’t mean you will get nothing for free. There are some features that you can use for free.
Free Features on Tinder
- Ability to send unlimited text messages.
- Enough Right swipes for a day.
- Ability to add multiple pictures or change some settings here and there.
That’s all for the free features.
Paid Features on Tinder
On Tinder+, what you can do is:
- Send unlimited likes.
- Unlimited rewinds.
- Passport to any location. It means you can change your location to anywhere in the world.
- Stop seeing Ads.
- 1 month: $13.49 per month, Total: $13.49
- 6 months: $6.75 per month, Total: $40.50
- 12 months: $4.50 per month, Total: $54.00
2. Tinder Gold:
On Tinder Gold, what you can do is:
- Use all the features of Tinder+.
- Get 5 Super Likes a week.
- 1 Free Boost a month.
- See who likes you.
- New Top Picks every day.
Tinder Gold Pricing:
- 1 month: $22.49 per month, Total: $22.49
- 6 months: $11.25 per month, Total: $67.50
- 12 months: $7.50 per month, Total: $90.00
3. Tinder Platinum:
Here, you can use all the features of Tinder Gold, and along with that, you can:
- Send a message before matching.
- Prioritize likes.
- See the likes you’ve sent in the last 7 days.
Tinder Platinum Pricing:
- 1 month: $26.99 per month, Total: $26.99
- 6 months: $13.50 per month, Total: $81.00
- 12 months: $9 per month, Total: $108
The price may vary depending on your location, but it’s an average price that you have to pay to use premium features on Tinder.
If you aren’t interested in any of the premium plans but still want to experience some premium features, then you can buy the Tinder Boost or Super Like separately.
It’s a more cost-effective way of experiencing some premium features on Tinder.
Is Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum worth it?
The Free version of Tinder offers limited features. So, Is any of the Tinder premium plans worth it?
As far as we have experienced, the free features are enough for many users. You get enough likes for a day and can chat with your match without paying anything.
But you need to have patience because, in the free version, you don’t have any special feature to use that makes you stand out.
So use the free version of Tinder, and see how things are going for you.
But if you want to try premium features because you aren’t getting any match or desired result, then Tinder Gold makes more sense as compared to other plans.
You get SuperLike and Boost in this plan. These two features grab other attention quickly, and the chances of getting a match escalates.
You can buy these features separately, which is a more cost-effective way, but you will miss out on other features.
So overall, we suggest you use the free version of Tinder or go with Tinder Gold.
Which one is better, Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold, Tinder Platinum?
As said earlier, Tinder Gold is a balanced package where you get enough features at a reasonable price.
But if you still don’t want to opt for any plans, buy the Tinder Boosts or Super Likes separately.
Real-life Experience with the Tinder App
We have been using Tinder for months and have noticed many things.
Despite having a huge user base, the probability of getting a successful match is low compared to other dating apps, especially when you are on a free subscription.
If you opt for any paid plan, then you get a decent number of matches.
Other things that we found irritating are:
- There are a lot of people on Tinder who create an account but never use the app.
- Some girls never talk. Their bio says, “Not here for dating, or No DM.” We always wonder if someone isn’t interested in dating, then what are they doing on a popular dating app?
- Some users, especially girls, are just promoting their social media profiles. Their bio says, “Follow me on Instagram. My id is @##.” Seriously?
- You can’t send media files like images or videos in the chat. It’s frustrating when you are in the middle of a conversation and want to share photos. You can only send text messages and GIFs.
Not everything was against the app. We liked many things, for instance:
- Despite the app being made for casual relationships, we found many people using the app to find a serious dating partner.
- The app is easy to use. It loads faster, and the UI is not cluttered.
- The ads don’t spoil the user experience.
Coming to our experience, it was just average. And that is because many users are inactive, many don’t talk, and many are just promoting their social media accounts to gain followers.
But we know many people who are having a great time on Tinder.
Pros and Cons of Tinder Dating App
- Millions of users are using the app.
- Enough right swipes for a day.
- Clutter-free UI.
- Easy to use app.
- Paid plans offer great features.
- Paid features are costly.
- You can’t send media files (images or videos) in chat.
- Some users are just promoting their social media accounts to gain more followers.
- Some people never talk.
Conclusion: Is Tinder worth it?
As per our experience, Tinder is a great dating app, but it works differently for everyone.
It also depends on your location. The app has a huge number of users, but if there are only a few users in your area, you will hardly get any matches.
If you want to change your location, you have to pay.
With that, the UI is clean. You will not get disturbed by any of the ads. The proper ad placement enhances the user experience.
So, Should you try the Tinder app? Is Tinder worth it?
Yes, you should try the Tinder app. It might take some time to receive likes, especially in the free version, but still, you will see some results.
And, if you live in big cities or populated areas, the app will work even better for you.
FAQs on Tinder Dating App
Is Tinder a serious dating app?
It depends on person to person. We met a few people who were serious about finding a partner on Tinder.
But we have also met many who use Tinder just for fun.
Based on our experience, finding a serious dating partner on Tinder is possible but not easy.
Is Tinder worth trying for a casual relationship?
Yes, Tinder is a worth-trying app for those looking for a casual relationship, as most users use the app for the same purpose.
But that doesn’t mean it’s a hookup app entirely.
Some use Tinder for fun, some for casual relations, some for serious relations, and some for friends.
Can I search someone's profile on Tinder?
No, you can’t search for any individual on Tinder. You can only search for people from your match list.
Suppose you have 20 matches. You can only search for those 20 people.
Tinder doesn’t have any option to search for people outside your match list.
Should I share my phone number on Tinder?
Don’t share your phone number in your profile. If someone asks you for the number, then don’t give it until you find the person trustworthy.
Sharing your phone number with any random person can lead to spam or any other fraud.
So this is our honest Tinder dating app review. Do you agree or disagree with the points mentioned above? Do share your thoughts.
Is Hinge a good dating app? Click here to know.
We hope now you have a better idea of whether you should try the Tinder app or not.
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comment section.
|Best Dating sites||Join|
|Zoosk Dating||Join For Free|
|Match.com||Join For Free|
|JDate US||Join For Free|
|eHarmony||Join For Free|
|Christian Mingle||Join For Free|
|Silver Singles US |
(For 50+ Age)
|Join For Free|
I have had a bad experience with tinder. I was blocked for no apparent reason. I don’t know whether it is because I told off some man about sexual harassment! I tried opening 2 more accounts but got blocked. It hurst especially when yu have no idea why you are blocked.