The OkCupid Review is based on real-life usage. This review will help you to decide whether you should give OkCupid a try or not.
Standing out from the crowd is not an easy task. Either you have to offer something extra, or you have to build the trust.
Somehow OkCupid has done both.
Offering the best user experience is the key point of a dating app. There are only a few apps/sites that are capable of doing so, and OkCupid is one of those.
If you are fed-up with using fake dating apps or sites, then OkCupid can change your mind.
But what does it offer that makes it a better option than other dating apps? Let’s find it out in the OkCupid dating app review.
OkCupid was launched back in 2004, and now it’s one of the best dating sites in the world. OkCupid is owned by Match.com, which also owns Tinder, Hinge, Plenty of Fish, and many other popular dating apps and sites.
The headquarter is located in New York, United States, and the main serving countries are United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and others.
Google Play store downloads: 10M+
Google Play store rating: 3.7
Apple Apps store rating: 4.2
Content Rating: 18+
Because it’s a dating app, you should be 18 or old to use it.
Getting Started with OkCupid Review
In the past few years, OKC has gained the trust of many people. Yes, some people are not fully satisfied, but that’s the case with every app.
Lets’s start with the OkCupid review.
OkCupid Sign up
Once you download the OkCupid app, you will notice that the signup process is different here. Either you sign up on the app or website, you have to follow the same steps on both.
The complete sign-up process will take a while because you have to go through multiple questions. These questions will help you to find a match just according to your interest.
And yes, you can’t ignore the beautiful signup screen.
Follow these steps to complete the OkCupid sign up process.
- Click on the JOIN OKCUPID button on the signup screen.
- Enter the Email address, and click on Next. Now choose a password.
- You need to set up your profile now. Fill in the basic information like name, gender, dob, and location.
- Now you will be asked What connections are you looking for? Answer these questions accordingly.
- Now upload your photos. There are some rules to upload photos. You can take a look at these rules.
- The next few steps are about yourself like Introduction, Study, Work, etc.
- Now the actual question-answer session starts. There are 15 MCQs that you have to answer. Take a look at some examples.
- These questions are used to calculate the match percentage. If the other person’s answers matched with yours, then it will calculate the similar answer’s percentage.
- Answer all these questions accordingly. You can also check multiple answers to the same question.
- Once you answer all the questions, you have to enter your phone number for a verification code.
- Enter the verification code, and finally, your profile is ready now. You can answer more questions later in the profile tab. It will increase compatibility.
The complete signup process takes some time, but it’s easy. Also, it will help you find the exact match. So it’s worth it.
How to use OkCupid dating app?
One thing to appreciate is the beautiful UI. Because of the simple and beautiful UI, it’s very easy to use the OkCupid dating app.
The moment you open the app, you will start seeing the recommendations. The app automatically shows you the profiles of your interest. You can swipe right or left to like or dislike respectively.
Swiping left or right is not everything. There are many other options available to enhance your experience. Play with these options to get the most out of it.
There are five tabs at the bottom of the screen. But we will talk about these options later because the options available on the top of the screen are more interesting.
These options enhance your matchmaking experience. Just take a look at these.
- The first option is the match%. It means The higher your match% with someone, the greater your compatibility.
- The second option, Online, helps you to meet currently active people. The recently active people are more likely to react fast.
- The next options are New People and Popular. The first option helps you see the people who are new to OkCupid, and the other option will help you to connect with some of the most popular people on OkCupid. But remember these two are paid features, so you have to pay to use these.
- The remaining two options are Question Pros, and Nearby. Questions Pros will show you the profiles who have answered the most questions. The Nearby option is really helpful if you want to see only the nearby people.
Use these options, and these will really help you to meet different people around the globe.
Now take a look at the other options that make the user experience better.
- The first option is Double Take. It’s the home screen of the app where you see the recommendation.
- The next tab is Discover, where you can set preferences and see people who have answered different questions. For example, If I want to meet non-smokers, then I will search for that question and the app will shortlist those people who have answered No. It’s quite interesting actually. On the other hand, the set preferences option helps you to find your ideal person by prioritizing the preferences you have set.
- The next tab, Likes, has three screens in it. The first screen, Likes You, shows you the people who have liked you. The next screen, Intro, shows you the people who have sent you an intro message while swiping you right. The last screen, You like, shows the people who you have liked. If you want to send an intro message to the already liked people, then you can do so from here.
- Next is the Message tab, which also has three screens in it. The first screen All shows all the messages. Next, Your Turn screen shows the messages you haven’t replied to. The last, New Matches screen shows the newest matches. For better clarity, take a look at the image.
- The last tab is Profile. Here you can change preferences as you do from the Discover tab and change the settings. If you want to answer more questions, then you can do so from this tab. Also, this tab allows you to go for the paid subscription.
There are a ton of options to play with. Because these are uncluttered, hence easy to use. You should definitely play with these options to get the best result out of it.
OKC dating app is full of features, and the good thing is that the free features are enough for the majority of people. If you want extra functionality, then the paid features are there.
Free Features in OkCupid
The free features you will get on OKC are:
- Around 5-7 or sometimes 25 right swipes in a day.
- Unlimited text messages.
- Option to meet different people according to your interest.
- Discover people according to your preferences.
- See the Intros you have been sent by someone.
- You are allowed to change settings, preferences, and answer hundreds of questions to make your matching experience better.
Paid Features in OkCupid
The Paid features on OKC allow you to:
- See the new people who have joined OKC recently.
- See the most popular people on OKC.
- Know people who have already liked you.
- Send unlimited likes.
- Increase your likes up to 5X.
- Enable Read Recipients to know if they’ve read your message.
All these features make your matchmaking experience even better. If you use the free version, you are not going to disappoint with the features you get. The paid subscription is for those who want some extra functionality.
The pricing on OkCupid starts from $0.99 and goes up to $179.99 per item.
|A-List Basic||• See all likes|
• Filter who don’t fit your requirements
• Send unlimited likes
• Unlock all intros at once
|• $7.95/Month for 1 Month|
• $6.35/Month for 3 Months
• $3.95/Month for 6 Months
|A-List Premium||• All A-List Basic features included|
• One free boost every day during rush hour
• See and be seen by more people
• See responses to questions you haven’t answered yet
|• $24.90/Month for 1 Month|
• $22.90/Month for 3 Months
• $19.90/Month for 6 Months
|Boost||• Increase likes by 5 times|
• Full day’s worth attention in 30 minutes
|• $1.99/each for 1 boost|
• $1.89/each for 5 boost
• $1.69/each for 10 boost
Real-life Experience with OkCupid App
In OKC, What makes the experience better is the control of options.
- If someone doesn’t like the profiles recommended by the app itself, then he can switch to other options like Online or Nearby. These options really make a difference, and the whole experience gets better.
- The OKC is popular for serious relationships, and I also witnessed the same. During the use of OKC, I have met a lot of people, and most of them were looking for friendship or a serious relationship.
- You can’t say there is zero fake profile, but the fake profiles are way lesser than other dating apps.
- The numbers of ads you will see are very tiny. Either it is UI or the user experience, the OKC has done everything correctly.
- Talking about the price of the subscription, it’s average. It’s neither expensive nor cheap. And yes, the paid subscription will give you extra features which make your matchmaking experience even better.
- The biggest drawback has been added after a recent update. OkCupid used to offer around 25 right swipes in a day. But now, you will get only 5-7 right swipes which is ridiculous.
[Update]: Either it’s a bug or they are doing it intentionally to force users to buy premium. Sometimes you get 5 right swipes a day, and sometimes you get 25 right swipes in thd free version. Currently, we are getting 25 right swipes which were only 5 last week.
So finally, I can say that the real-life experience on OkCupid has been great so far except for this right swipe situation.
Pros and Cons
Every app has some pros and cons, and OkCupid is no different.
- A lot of features in the Free version
- Good for serious relationships
- Excellent UI
- Great profile quality
- Less fake profiles
- Fewer ads
- Options to meet different kinds of people
- Sometimes 25 right swipes/day, sometimes only 5 swipes/day
- The Mobile app loads slightly slower
- The pricing is average
- Only a few, but still, there are fake profiles
In the last two years, the OkCupid dating app has changed a lot. It used to be laggy and confusing. But suddenly, they changed the UI, and now it’s one of the best in class. The whole matchmaking experience improved a lot.
But the question remains the same. Is OkCupid worth it? Should you use OKC?
The answer is Yes, you should. Because of the features OKC offer, it’s definitely worth it.
Because sometimes you only have a few right swipes, it is advised not to right swipe unnecessarily.
Tip: If you are new to the app, and aren’t getting any result, then keep using the app for a few weeks. It may take some time to show your profile to more and more people.
FAQs on OkCupid Review
Is OkCupid premium worth it?
The answer is a big No and a small Yes. Let’s talk about the No first.
You can access nearly 80 percent of the features for free. A ton of different options helps you to optimize your experience. Also, your profile will gain visibility if you keep using it for a few days. If you are getting so much for free, then OkCupid premium isn’t worth it.
On the flip side, if you want to send unlimited likes, can’t wait to see who has liked you, and want more visibility, then OkCupid is worth paying for. In such a case, you will get what you have paid for.
Is OkCupid expensive or cheap?
Comparing it to other dating apps/sites, it sits right in the middle. The price is average. It’s not too expensive nor too cheap.
Is OkCupid better than tinder?
It has been seen that Tinder is mainly used for hookups, and OkCupid is for serious relationships. Generally, both the apps are good, but they are used for different purposes.
If you are serious about dating, then OkCupid is better than Tinder.
But Tinder is now offering way more right swipes. In that regard, Tinder is way better than OKC.
Is there a way to see who likes you on OkCupid without paying?
There is a trick that can help you to see who likes you without paying.
• Use the app for a few days regularly.
• When you start getting likes, then keep swiping right.
• The OKC doesn’t want you to wait for longer, that’s why the app will show your profiles to more people, and you start getting likes.
• Now, when you open the app, the second or third onwards will be those profiles who have liked you.
• In simple words, the more you swipe right, the more you will get matched with those who have liked you.
This trick will directly match you with those persons who like you.
Does OkCupid have fake profiles?
We can’t say there is no fake profile on OkCupid. Yes, there are, but what we can say is the number of fake profiles is way lesser than other dating platforms.
How to get more likes on OkCupid?
It’s simple. The more you use the app, the more you get likes.
When you are new to OkCupid, you may not get likes. But don’t worry, just keep using the app daily.
When you do so, your profile gets popular, and become visible to a lot more people. As a result, you get more likes.
So this was the OkCupid review. Do you agree or disagree with the points mentioned in the review? Please share your thoughts.
If you are also using the OKC app, then don’t forget to share your experience.
We hope this OkCupid review helped you to know what you were looking for. Also, check the Aisle App Review.
If you have found this OkCupid review helpful, feel free to share it with others. Your single share motivates us to write more reviews.